How to Find an Internship
The most successful internship searches use a number of search strategies and resources. Career Services has many resources to faciliate a successful internship search including Aztec Career Connection, Career Fairs, and Workshops & Events throughout the year to help you connect with employers.
Resources for a successful internship search
- Log into Aztec Career Connection to search for internship and use the How-To Guide for search tips
- Department Internship Contacts assist with internship requirements for majors
- Review Career Services Internship Resources including a list of internship websites
- Check out Special Internship Opportunities
- Attend Career and Internship Fairs
- Visit the Career Services Resource Room
- Propose your own internship to an employer
Importance of Networking
Networking is key to a successful internship search. Create a LinkedIn account and connect with employers, faculty, friends, and family.
Internship Search Timeline
It is never too early to start seraching for internships. Many employers start as early as the fall semester recruiting for summer internship positions. Other interships may fill any time of year.
Don't wait! Start looking now!
What internship will suit you best?
Being strategic about the internship search includes knowing yourself: your interests, strengths, and values. Career Counselors can recommend assessments tools to help you learn about yourself and review the results with you to help you figure out what internship suits you best!