Change in Financial Situation After the FAFSA
Special circumstances that may be considered
Changes that may justify a review include, but are not limited to:
- Loss of a job or a substantial reduction in earnings or other income
- Loss or reduction of child support or spousal support
- Death, divorce, or separation from a spouse after submitting the FAFSA
- Income received last year that you will not receive in the current or upcoming year
- Loss due to recent natural disasters (e.g., earthquake, flood, fire) not covered by insurance
Steps to submitting a "Request for Review"
- Download and print a Request for Review form (parent or student).
- Read the form carefully and follow the instructions for your situation.
- Attach the appropriate documentation and a written, signed statement describing the change in income or resources.
- Submit the completed form and documentation to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships.
Important: Be detailed and specific. Make sure you attach all appropriate documentation as specified.