Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
DACA is a federal status that gives 2 years of deferred action to certain individuals who are not in lawful immigration status and who entered the United States as minors.
- DACA students do not meet the eligibility criteria for federal financial aid and cannot complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
- DACA students who meet AB 540 requirements can apply for SDSU and state financial aid using the California Dream Act Application.
- DACA is not the same as AB 540.
- DACA students who do not meet AB 540 requirements cannot use the California Dream Act Application or the FAFSA.
- DACA students may apply for scholarships that do not have residency or citizenship requirements.
For more information about DACA, visit U. S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.