Summer FEDERAL Work Study (FWS)
To participate in summer Federal Work Study (FWS), you must either be attending SDSU currently and/or you will be enrolled in classes at SDSU the following academic year.
- You do not need to attend school during the summer to use your FWS eligibility. However, if you are NOT enrolled in SDSU summer session, your summer earnings will affect the amount of financial aid you may be eligible for the following academic year.
Summer certification period
- The summer period begins June 1 and ends August 29.
- Your employer will complete a summer Student Employment Authorization (SEA) form for you regardless of whether you are a new or continuing FWS student.
Eligibility requirements for summer employment
- Be a continuing SDSU student.
- Have already filed the FAFSA and have been awarded Federal Work Study for the current academic year.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress at the end of the spring semester.
- If you are not making satisfactory academic progress, you will be notified by email and AidLink. You will be ineligible for summer FWS.
Apply for summer FWS and find a job
- How to apply (application form and required documentation; finding job opportunities and signing on with human resources).