Forms: Budget Increases and Income Appeals
Carefully read the instructions on all forms before completing and submitting them to the Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships. Your request will be delayed if you fail to follow instructions or submit incomplete forms.
Student and parent requests for review are submitted to request a review of your financial aid eligibility due to special circumstances not addressed on your original Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) including, but not limited to:
- Loss of job or significant reduction of income
- Death, divorce, or separation after you submitted your FAFSA
- One time income that will not be received again
- Loss due to natural disaster not covered by insurance
A Student or Parent Request for Review, with all documentation, must be submitted by 3 p.m. on the applicable deadline date:
- Attending Summer 2019 only - by July 12, 2019
- Attending Fall 2019 only - by November 15, 2019
- Attending the academic year or Spring 2020 only - April 13, 2020
The Student's Request for a Budget Increase is to request a review of your aid eligibility due to expenses you incurred in excess of the standard cost of attendance.
- You can submit only one (1) Request for a Budget Increase per semester.
- To be considered, your Request for a Budget Increase must total at least $100.
A Request for a Budget Increase, with all documentation, must be submitted by 3 p.m. on the applicable deadline date:
- Fall Semester: Friday, November 22, 2019
- Spring Semester: Monday, April 13, 2020
If you miss the fall deadline, you can submit your fall expenses during the spring semester.
This form is for financial aid recipients participating in an SDSU-approved study abroad program during winter break, spring break, or summer term.
A Study Abroad Budget Increase Request, with all documentation, must be submitted by 3 p.m. on the applicable deadline date:
- Monday, April 13, 2020 for study abroad during winter or spring break
- Friday, July 17, 2020 for study abroad during the summer
PDF or Excel format
- PDF format: All forms are in Portable Document Format (PDF) and require Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.0 or higher to view and print (download Adobe Acrobat Reader).
- Excel format: Documents in Excel format (XLS) require Excel Viewer (download Excel Viewer).
Some forms available only through AidLink
Sometimes additional documents and forms are required to complete your application. These forms are available only through your account on AidLink where you will find instructions describing what you need to do.
Check AidLink regularly!