SDSU Health Commitment
Each of us at San Diego State University — students, faculty, staff, vendors and contractors — have an important responsibility in reducing the spread of COVID-19. We must each take daily steps, and personal accountability, to ensure individual wellbeing and community health. Through this pledge, we each take responsibility for our own health and also demonstrate our commitment to our community by helping to keep our SDSU community safe from COVID-19 and other infections. This voluntary commitment is offered to the community but no one is required to sign the SDSU Health Commitment. By signing, you are making a personal commitment to taking actions in support of individual wellbeing and community health.
Join the SDSU Health Commitment. I pledge to:
- Follow university guidance and utilize tools made available to monitor for the symptoms of COVID-19 and report to a medical professional if I experience fever of 100.0 F (38 C) or higher, dry cough, difficulty breathing, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat or loss of taste or smell.
- Wash my hands often with soap and water or use hand sanitizer if not available.
- Keep current on relevant public health orders and university requirements by regularly reviewing university guidance and accessing available training materials.
- Protect Others
- Maintain appropriate social distancing of 6 feet or more, especially in classroom settings and around campus.
- Stay home if I feel ill or after exposure to someone who is ill or has tested positive for COVID-19.
- Wear an appropriate face mask as required by SDSU, and follow health guidelines directed by the university.
- Protect Our Comunity
- Keep my belongings, personal spaces and shared common spaces clean.
- Participate in testing and contact tracing to support the wellness of the community.
- Support others in behaviors that will reduce the risk of transmission.
- Follow all health and safety guidelines as indicated by the university.
Report to SDSU via the online reporting form if I receive a positive COVID-19 test while living or working on campus (all should seek medical attention and students should inform their faculty members and supervisor if employed while faculty and staff should report their leads).
Please feel free to save and share any of these images to your social media accounts.